MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man was hospitalized Thursday night after he was shot during an attempted carjacking in south Minneapolis.
The Minneapolis Police Department says officers responded to the shooting around 8:30 p.m. on the 4800 block of 5th Avenue South, in the Field neighborhood.
Two men told officers that they had just gotten out of a vehicle when two young-looking suspects approached them and demanded the car at gunpoint. A confrontation ensured, and the victims ran.
One of the suspects fired at the men and struck one of them. Emergency crews brought the injured man to a nearby hospital for treatment. He is expected to survive.
The suspects ran from the scene, police say. The incident is under investigation. So far, no arrests have been made.
More On WCCO.com:
- Burglar Targeting Christmas Presents Shoots Blaine Homeowners While Fleeing
- Analysis Shows Family Members In Moorhead Home Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- ‘I’m Sure They’re Really Struggling’: Yanez Trial Juror Sheds Light On Pressures Potter Trial Jury May Be Under
- ‘You Were Born Here, This Is Your Curse!’: Teacher Goes On Minnesota Sports Fandom Rant In Viral TikTok
- ‘We Were Blessed’: 12 Single Moms Gifted New Cars Just In Time For Christmas
Source: CBS Minnesota